Sunday, March 18

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We went to New London yesterday for the St. Patty's Day Parade! The first responders had a float this year and Madalyn was IN the parade! Pretty exciting for a little girl.

As the parade began Uncle Dave and Doc had to go to a 3 car accident and another call and never made it to the parade itself. Go Figure!

Madalyn was a good "waver",her little hand didn't stop! She said lots of people waved and smiled at her. When she came past us she was waving but no smile...and as soon as she saw us her face lite up! I ran to give her a kiss and she said she "saved" candy for us! SWEET THING!!

It was a nice day. My parents, Andy and I, and the boys were there early enough to set up chairs no problem and then went to Jolly Rogers for ZA!

The only trouble we had were the rude kids standing right in front of us. It was madden as everyone was to be back on the curb...these kids were clearly NOT! Worse yet there was a dad and his two kids who came late and sat on my dad's feet. No joke! Then this guys kids decided they would stand right in front of us too! A couple of time I verbalized my frustration and even went and "gently" pushed kids back. No luck...they just kept creeping in front of us. It was really sad.

Then to the highlight of the day...we see this little boy cute as a button trudging along with a cheering squad. Not thinking anything was wrong we all pointed out how cute he was. Then I heard one of the cheer people say, "he isn't with us!" WHAT?!?! Luckily a woman heard this and snatched up this little boy...Are you kidding me?!!? Someone just let this kid (18months) walk along the parade by himself. So Jen got on her First Responder radio and call the police. Before they got there a woman came and said she was the boy's aunt. And the woman who snatched him up gave him to her! WHAT?!?! I would have never given that little boy up to anyone but the police. I would have let them deal with it. (sigh) Poor thing!

Anyways...of course I forgot my camera but was able to take this shot of Miles when we got home. Looks like he had a little too much GREEN BEER! What do you think?


Aunt Jen had her camera so more pictures will be posted of Madalyn later!!!