
Guess who has it?!?!?! Otto and I! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone say ITCH! I swear I have no idea where he got them from other than we have tons of rabbits and cats that live outside...(remember the kittens a few years back?!?)
I went to the Dr. today because I was getting bites for about a month now. Of course I tried to figure out what it was myself and finally gave in as I got a TON of bites on the top of my foot...ugh! The Dr. proceeded to tell me that it was FLEAS! Now I know Otto didn't have fleas because that was the first place I looked when I started getting biten. (DAMN WARM WEATHER WE HAVE BEEN HAVING DOESN'T KILL ANYTHING OFF!!!) No fleas on Otto but some bites on his belly. Hmmm! Good Ol' Doc then told be that by the looks of it...our house was infested and that we should probably get "hired help" to get rid of them.
Now I was upset and out to prove him wrong...so I took Otto in and they did a comb test....nothing! The vet tech. then ran the comb backwards and finally got some dander...nothing! Nothing there but DANDRUFF...lol She took the "dandruff" back to the microscope to take a look! She came back and said she has good news...NO FLEAS!! I was right...HA! NOT FLEAS! But now we are treating Otto for Cheyletiellosis!
And now Miles has some bites too as Otto and Miles are like Peanut butter and Jelly! Am I to keep them seperated? I have the heeby jeebys! My skin is just crawling....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I swear we are clean people! I feel so dirty! I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel. If I can keep up with the vacuuming and wash...we should be bite free in 3 weeks! Otto too! Poor guy!! Hard to love on him when I now know it is HIM that is making me itch sooooo badly!!
6 years ago