I was fortunate enough to come across a really great deal on a set of bunk beds! (Thanks Mindy) After getting over the thought of taking the crib down. I had myself some fun redecorating the girls bedroom!!!
Mom and I began the search for bedding and came across a set that I really liked for the girls but the QUALITY wasn't there! So the search was back on...I found a quilt just as colorful as the first set. Then mom bought sheets separately and the cost was still less than the first crappy set! Gotta love a good sale!! Thanks MOM and DAD for an early gift for the girls.
While waiting for the bedding to come in I started researching some fun/creative/cheapish ways to decorate! I found some wonderful ideas and with a visit to Hobby Lobby was on my way to a fantastic COLORFUL bedroom for the girls!
First I made the ribbon board with an old dry erase board and some sheets. I wrapped the sheet around the board and sewed it in place. I wanted to use a stapler but the board proved to be too sturdy even for our UTILITY stapler! 

Next I made a table/chair covers with crib sheets that we would no longer be using! This was a little trickier than the ribbon board but I managed to cut the crib sheets to make them smaller and then hem the edge to feet the elastic through. I made pockets in the sheets to match the other side that wasn't cut. It wasn't a pretty job but it worked out alright!
Table Before
Table After
Chair Before
Chair After
The girls already had a white shelf in their room that we put in there when we moved in. So I let the kids paint it pink and orange. This turned out to be A LOT of fun and it was nice to put something they all made together in to the room!

This idea I found and thought it was super cute. I decided to do two of these in the girls room. One up by Madalyn's bunk to hang pictures/books/drawings. And one closer to the floor that Delaney could put things on. A great and easy way to let your children decorate their space!
Here are a few shots of the NEW ROOM and NEW BEDDING! Enjoy! It sure was fun...now on to the BOYS ROOM!!







Room Before
Room After
P.S. Just noticed that a mama that I follow has this same quilt for her child! HOW COOL IS THAT??! Great minds think alike!!!
6 years ago