Monday, February 16

Wacky Weekend!

It all started on Friday about 3:30 PM when a 14lb. box arrived here! At first I thought it was training pants I had ordered for Dawson but after lifting the box decided that it was too early for them to arrive anyway. So I looked at to WHOM the box was mailed to. Always a dead give away...ANDY MONTALBANO was listed! What soccer related thing did he get now. So I txt Andy at plasma and he tells me that the box is for ME for V-Day! WTF! I thought we weren't getting eachother anything for V-Day! Heee heeee I have a present. Most of you know that I am NOT good at waiting for gifts. I have never been good at it but I was bound and determined to WAIT this time.

Andy and I kept txting back and forth and he kept telling me it was something really cool and that it wasn't a big deal if I opened it without him. I held my ground and told him I was going to wait. He didn't believe me!! HA!

Meanwhile, here at home, the house was the usual MADHOUSE it becomes in the evenings. Kids and toys everywhere. Madalyn had put a tote on her head and was walking around like a zombie. She eventually ended up near our front door. Otto thought it was a riot that she had this thing on her head and proceeded to run laps around the kitchen table and RUSH her. Around the kitchen table and RUSH her! Get the picture? Well soon he is getting too close and she must have put the tote up to guard herself and that is when even more chaos began.

Otto was running around and licking the air. It is the only way I can think of to describe what he looked like. He was licking and licking and we were all just trying to figure out what he was doing...and then...THE BLOOD came. He managed to splatter blood all over the walls, floors, and kids! AHHHHHH! I called Andy who told me to just let him outside and that the bleeding would stop shortly. Normally that is the case...this wasn't a normal cut. I tried to apply pressure with a kitchen towel. But how long can you keep an 80 pound dog still? So that didn't work so I put him downstairs where his water dish thinking if he took a drink maybe it would help. WRONG. It made it WORSE...he then started licking the gate and SPRAYING blood all over the floor/walls/gate! LOVELY!!

I let Otto outside and the bleeding seems to stop. He just sat there looking in. I couldn't leave him out there forever. So...I let him in and he was all excited and wiggling like crazy and then the BLOOD started again!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So OUT he went again. By this time I am starting to panic. I am wiping up towels full of blood and trying to keep the kids OUT of it! FUN! There socks were full of blood. YUCK! The house smelt like a slaughter house and I was starting to feel ill! ACK!

Andy got home and took a look at Otto and told me to call the vet. Of course, because we now waited until 5:15 we now had to call Animal Referral Center. Great..it is $89 just to take your animal there! Otto would not allow them to look in his mouth. He wasn't naughty or mean just confused as to why they would be prying his mouth open. He wasn't having it! So they sent Andy home and sedated Otto.

We got a phone call around 8pm telling us that all was needed was one stitch to be sure that the bleed would stay stopped. I was glad for that! Apparently the cut was right above a blood vessel and that is why Otto "painted" the house with himself! The referral center would rather have had him stay over night but we opted to bring the dopey fool home to monitor here. So he came in and staggered a bit and then stood in front of me like-NOW WHAT? So I went to the livingroom and spread out a blanket for him. Then I lay him out flat and sat there petting him for a few mins. and he was out! He woke up the next morning and was back to his old self. But he had a hard time picking anything up off the floor-food-toys! He is well on his way to recovering fully.

So when Otto was finally home safe and sound. Almost 6 hours after the BOX had arrived to our house. Andy brought it to me and asked me to open it. So I did...and you will never believe what was in there!!!!!!!! A new camera...I know I know...ANOTHER CAMERA!


But this isn't just ANY camera it is a DSLR. What the professionals use.......OMG OMG OMG OMG!! I was so happy and excited...I bounced around like a kid and Christmas and gave Andy a big hug and kiss! The look on his face was priceless. He was beaming!! He TOTALLY SURPRISED me and he was RIGHT ONE with the surprise!!! It was awesome to see him so happy and excited for me!! LOL

Here are some photos I have taken with the new BEAST that I call Big DADDY! :) I have a lot to learn yet but I am lovin' my new TOY! :) THANKS HONEY!!

AND we went to a Valentine's Party and had a wonderful time with friends!