Well, we started out going to Papa soccer game and ended up in the ER. As we approached the field I saw that there were bleachers set up(always are at this field) but for some reason we sat on a blanket last time. Well this time we were one of the first people there and the bleachers were free game for my kids. ACK! I knew I was going to be watching much of the game.
I warned the kids over and over again that I didn't like it that they were climbing all over the place. I even went so far as to say we would be going home if anyone got hurt. That didn't sway them either. So I decided to watch the game for 2 mins. Well 2 sec. into that there was screaming. I feel so bad that I let my guard down and that it happened. I truly feel like I have failed in a way. I just wanted to catch a portion of the game. (sigh)
Miles ended up falling between the bleachers and gashing his head. Great! Now we would have to go home. I didn't even realize he was bleeding until the guy next to me mentioned it. Then it was a screamfest as people around me tried to get the bleeding to stop. I called my parents and looked up to see where the rest of my children were. A bunch of the soccer players parents were holding or watching the rest. Delaney was crying for her mama and I couldn't just put Miles down. So...I got up to go get the wagon to Cari who had Delaney. When I got up there were Andy's parents walking toward the field. WOW! That couldn't have worked out better.THANKS DAN AND SAL!! SO I made another call to my parents to tell them they didn't have to make the trip.
Gpa D. let me take his car to the hospital. And after check in my mom showed up. She said she thought someone should make sure I was ok too! :) THANKS MOM and DAD. Miles was actually calm at this point and told the receptionist how his got his owee. Then we went to get a drink and there were cups. He was so excited about the TV and his drink of water, it was funny!
Then the nurse came and took us to a room. There was another TV in this room. COOL. The nurse put Drake and Josh on and he was ZONED! He was very good at telling the nurse and doctor how he got his owe. The Dr. said they were going to wash his owee up and glue it. Miles was sure he didn't want GLUE/BLUE. And when the nurse came in to wash his owee...I had to pin him down. Then when the glue part came two of the ambulance people came in to help hold him down. He still managed to kick the dr. once before someone grabbed his legs. LOL Little shit. (totally loving this travel camera)
PHEW. Moral of the story...if you can't control your monkeys...stay home. :(
6 years ago