Today Andy and I went to Madalyn's preschool conferences. Madalyn is doing great in school. She is writing her name with Upper case M and the rest lowercase. She is cutting with ease. We discussed the fact that Madalyn always wants to be first. This is showing in her work also but even her "fast" work is good work. The teachers figured she rushes to get things done because she is doing things that way at home. i can't argue with that Madalyn ALWAYS wants to be first. Madalyn loves to tell stories and is doing well sequencing them. She knows her address most of the time and will be soon working on her phone number.(So which number should I have her memorize? We have cell phones!) She knows all her colors, shapes, and numbers up to 10. She can count further than ten but her recognition of them is scattered after that. But for preschool 0-10 is what they work on. Even though they don't work on it at school Madalyn also knows the sounds of most letters. We got her Hooked On Phonics for her birthday. She is now reading! CRAZY! I highly recommend this program! I am sure I am forgetting something but that is it in a nutshell.
The only thing they told us that Madalyn needs to work on is listening to the teacher. There are times when she gets talking with her friends and misses directions. Hmmmmmm sounds like someone else I know! ME!! So we will be working on this at home and being sure she is reminded of this before going to school. We shall see if it works...
Way to go Madalyn you are going great at school! We love you!!
6 years ago