We left on Friday after the route. Which between having to get gas before the route was done (fear of running out)and Andy getting out of work late we just made it to the Twins Game!
Then we went to Kim and Jerome's place. After a pitstop, Kim and I went out and went "Dumpster Diving". For those of you who don't know what that means...here is an explanation! People of Bloomington,MN put all their "junk" out on the curb and others are free to take what they please for free. This is a great concept!! I got a little two wheeler bike,a playcenter for the kids when they go to my mom's, and a slide that will be going to my mom and dad's also! All the items were in good condition and I am super excited about them! Not all items are to write home about however. This is one of the funnier ones we saw! Can you imagine...?
It is a child's scooter with a carseat ductaped to it! CRAZY! We got a good laugh out of that one! After a few hours of Dumpster Diving we called it a night and came home to find the boyz watching a movie. The movie finished up and Andy and I went to bed.
Then morning came and I thought we would sleep in...well upon waking I looked at the alarm clock and saw that it was 8AM. Not exactly sleeping in but I guess better than 3AM for the papers and then 6AM for kids! :) (Thanks to Ray and Karen/Dan and Sal for doing the route and watching the kids and dog!) We got up took showers and had McDonald's Breakfast so Kim didn't have to cook breakfast! Then Kim and I went to get our toes done. This was a big task as I had lots of time to worry about what color to use...ugh...anyways...it was nice! The chair massaged my back while they massaged and worked on my feet. Lots of build up there! Anways...it was wonderful!
The Chair!
The Toes!
The Flower!
Kim's Toes!
After getting our toes done we made a quick Dumster Dive in the daylight and didn't find much. Kim found some basketballs..hopefully they work well! Then we decided to go shopping! First to Target to just browse...it is something when you don't have 3 kids with you! I was kinda lost without having to lug them all over! It was nice to be able to look at things. I ended up picking up a journal of Baby #4! Then we went to The Avenue and found two shirts for me. Sweet! Never knew it but there is an Avenue store in Appleton too!
While we were shopping the boyz went to pick up stuff I won on Ebay! Fun to be posted at a later date. The kids ended up with some neat outdoor stuff! When the guys got back we "grilled out" or should I say BBQ'ed! (Minn. thing?!?)We had a wonderful spread of food and were full to the gill when we left for our hotel! Thanks so much for hosting us Kim and Jerome...it was a blast!
Then off to the hotel to rest before the GB Leighton show!
The beds were super comfortable but the comforter was SUPER WARM and we found ourselves ROASTING when we woke up!
But we slept for a couple of hours and were ready to go when we woke up. It was strange going out at 8:30PM when we are usually coming home about that time! It was a great show but my back started acting up and I was very uncomfortable. So we stayed for the first set and then came back to our plush hotel! We stay up and watch Cable TV, something we don't have at home and them went to bed.
The next morning we went to Kim and Jerome's for breakfast. We brought OJ, GrapeJuice, and Bacon. Kim made omelets and the breakfast was wonderful! As we were eating the winds picked up and it seemed like we were in the middle of a tornado or something. We heard a few noises that sounded like the house was shifting..no biggie..then Kim got up to look out the window and saw that one of her trees lost a huge branch! Bigger than the tree she had in the front yard! Too funny!
We weaved our way out of Minnesota and when entering Wisconsin the winds weakened a bit!
Otto was waiting for us when we got home and the kids were home shortly after we got home! It was a great get-a-way but it sure was nice to see my munchkins again!! :)
6 years ago